Lamborghini Diablo repair C127

Fozzy84

Hello, I've finally decided to go get my "kids" a new set and with that, get my old cars out the loft. I had a Lamborghini Diablo in yellow as a child which I think is C127. In my head it couldnt be beaten...

Years of neglect though, and it won't run. So I'd like to restore it and need some advice please. Checking the service sheets, it would appear most of the parts are obsolete. So can I use standard parts for motors, lights etc? 

There may be many more questions to come as I get in to it... then I'll need relationship advice after that too because of spending too much time working on it  😆

Thanks, Chris

Could you post some pictures?

Most cars use the standard 13D Mabuchi motor that can be replaced by any number of motors on the market depending on what you want to achieve.

Regarding lights: There were some car that have circuti boards. otherwise you can google led lights slot cars and get lots of ideas how to replace the lights.

The thing you have to do though is more than likely replace the tires. There are also many options such as silicone and urethane.

I'm having a bit of difficulty uploading any pics. But I'll keep trying. There are no markings on it and it's an in line motor.. hopefully a pic will follow. 

As for the lights, there looks to be a circuit board above the front axel and one at the rear. Again, pics to follow. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/Forrec1984/status/879354726437007360/photo/1

https://mobile.twitter.com/Forrec1984/status/879354797962526720/photo/1

hopefully you can follow these links, I'm at my limit of 2 post so won't be able to reply until tomorrow.  Thanks

I could see the links, thanks!

For the rear lights if they are working unless you are an electrical/electronics engineer I would nut muck with them.

You could add LEDs like I mentioned above.

The motor is the stndard motor and can be swapped out for just about any 13D Mabuchi motor out there.

I suggest looking in at www.scalextric-car.co.uk/ as they have a much more ribust source of information on past models.

Thanks for your help. 

Im sure it will sound very amateurish this but there is an electrical component attached to the motor. Like some sort of resistor or something. Is this necessary? Some forums I've seen say it's for reducing current, some say for blocking other electrical signals and others say a mixture. 

Do I need to refit it after I get a new motor? 

If it is flat, round and usually a reddish orange brown it is the "ferritt man"... it is primarily for electrical interference and is required for the car to work properly on the ARC systems and digital layouts.

Best leave it be...

Archived