M Menu
b 0 Items s

SUpgrading to ARC

Bought the ARC one set just before Christmas and added it into a largish layout. Great fun, the app really adds a lot - I especially like the fuel use/pit stop refuel feature.

One thing that does not appear to show up in the race stats though is fastest or average speed - always shows 000. Is this a problem with the app or the track sensors?

Average speed and fastest lap works here! I'd agree that qualifying could be upgraded so that both tracks could be used and the fastest time gets the 'virtual' clean side of the track.

I'm new so I'm assuming lane switching is a digital feature only so would be able to add this feature by replacing ARC one with the RCS pro with released and chipping the cars. It would also give the extra app features such as yellow flag.

@mikehughescq

Added the ARC One to Digital Race Line using analogue cars. It's made racing much more fun but it also means that all the track which involves the option of lane switching has had to be removed else the ARC controls both cars. 9 year old very very disappointed by this. I'd like to know what options we have or will have in order to be able to use ATC One and do lane changes. 

Also have to say the instructions are poor. It wasn't obvious that you have to do qualifying one at a time and using the same lane. Nor was it obvious how you win qualifying (fastest overall time not fastest lap) or that the fastest qualifier then has to use the lane used for qualifying or you'll be wrongly named in the race. 

Anyway, suggestions please...

Hello Mike,

Have no fear there is a super easy hack to leave your digital layout as is with lane changers when adding the ARC ONE, by doing this...

http://youtu.be/1f3U2I4vH14

See part about lane changer mod.

Oddly this "cutting" of those very specific ribbon positions has no effect on the lane changer when used as usual with a digital power base.  I currently have a layout with 5 lane chargers with the ARC ONE. 

Hello,

Excuse my ignorance but can someone tell me the heading for each of the "Final  Results" columms after a "Tournament" ?

see here:

http://instagram.com/p/xa-gWRCuRo/

Thanks for your time!

@leo_loyva

I would like to add the ARC powerbase to my layout, but so far it is only available with UK power transformers. When will it be made for Canada? Or can I just rewire the 2 laptop power supplies i am currently using into the base unit? Also, will it work with after market controllers such as Parma and Professor Motor. They are much more robust and will last more than a year like the stock ones.

Hello fellow Canadian Scalextric Fan,

I got the UK ARC ONE for Christmas and yes that's what I did - rewired a laptop power supply to the cord (cut off from the UK transformer) and it works fine. 

I too would love to know if previous controllers could be rewired for the ARC ONE. The little ones it comes with are almost a joke. 

BTW the connectors for both the controllers and the power supply appear to be the old style flat slotted on both sides, type though I don't know if they're exactly the same. If they are perhaps you could use one of those old powers supply's and old controllers. 

@sheldon_norton

I would like to add the ARC powerbase to my layout, but so far it is only available with UK power transformers. When will it be made for Canada? Or can I just rewire the 2 laptop power supplies i am currently using into the base unit? Also, will it work with after market controllers such as Parma and Professor Motor. They are much more robust and will last more than a y 

@sheldon_norton

Added the ARC One to Digital Race Line using analogue cars. It's made racing much more fun but it also means that all the track which involves the option of lane switching has had to be removed else the ARC controls both cars. 9 year old very very disappointed by this. I'd like to know what options we have or will have in order to be able to use ATC One and do lane changes. 

Also have to say the instructions are poor. It wasn't obvious that you have to do qualifying one at a time and using the same lane. Nor was it obvious how you win qualifying (fastest overall time not fastest lap) or that the fastest qualifier then has to use the lane used for qualifying or you'll be wrongly named in the race. 

Anyway, suggestions please...

Hello Mike,

Have no fear there is a super easy hack to leave your digital layout as is with lane changers when adding the ARC ONE, by doing this...

http://youtu.be/1f3U2I4vH14

See part about lane changer mod.

Oddly this "cutting" of those very specific ribbon positions has no effect on the lane changer when used as usual with a digital power base.  I currently have a layout with 5 lane chargers with the ARC ONE. 

Thanks for that. Watched it three times and all it seemed to be saying was here is a way to keep the lane changing track in the circuit... but not actually use it for lane changing. I would like to both and this solution doesn't appear to offer that unless I've misunderstood something.   

I'm also a real scalextric fan from Belgium and got the ARC One immediately when it was for sale. I like it a lot except those hand controllers that come with it... Those are horrible to drive and has to much tension on the throttle springs. I hope I can replace them soon and enjoy it again because now I'm using my old digital system with my old controllers (grey ones).

Pete S

20 posts

@Administrator

The ARC ONE system has received some criticism regarding the choice of hand throttles which lack braking and can be a bit small for adult hands. However, these minor niggles can easily be overcome with a small modification.

First it should be noted that this modification will invalidate the warranty and should only be attempted by those with some knowledge of handling electronic circuits as there is a risk of damaging the electronics if static electricity is discharged into the delicate components.

This modification will help increase enjoyment of the ARC One system by incorporating the advantages of the standard Sport Power Base:

• use of standard throttles fitted with 3.5mm plugs
  • braking when releasing the throttle
  • longer cables
  • creating two driver positions
  • isolating the power to the two cars so the deslotting of one won't result in a surge of power to the other

Do not be tempted to insert Sport Power Bases without undertaking this modification as damage to the ARC ONE base could result.

The process to modify the ARC ONE Power Base is as below:

Remove the 8off screws arrowed and remove the cover

Turn the track piece over and remove the 2off screws

Gently lift out the PCB and contacts, taking care to ease the contacts off of the 9off moulded pins

Remove the connector.

Reassemble taking care to seat the PCB and contacts correctly and not trap any wires.

Insert two Sport power bases into the circuit at convenient points

Set both supply selector switches to the right hand position (16V / 16V)

Insert power and throttle to the left hand pair of sockets on one base and to the right hand pair on the other base.

Remove the throttles from the ARC ONE base, leaving just the power lead in place.

The ARC ONE can now be enjoyed as before but with the additional advantages of the Sport Power Bases as listed above.

Enjoy!

Peter

Peter Simpson

Andy P.

1685 posts

Community Moderator

I saw this somewhere eklse but your descrption is much better!

Question: Are you saying you should use 2 separate SPORT power bases in addition to the ARC ONE base?

Is plugging 2 controllers and 2 Mains adapters using the 16v/16V setting not the same?

Another question: I have a PACER computer. Could it be used insteaad of the SPORT power bases so I could race a Ghost car?

Since we are still waiting on ARC AIR (haven't heard any annoucments from Gaydon)  I am thinking of splurging on ARC ONE to tide me over.

Please create an account or login to reply.

Forum Rules

• The Scalextric Forum is intended for discussion of slot-car racing. Primarily, a place for newcomers to ask questions and seek assistance from like-minded individuals, the Scalextric Forum offers users the chance to join an active and friendly community.
  • Discussion of other slot-car brands is allowed, however, active promotion or advertising of our competitors is not permitted.
  • Please keep in mind that the Scalextric Forum is a publicly viewable space and you should never post personal information (including email addresses).
  • While every effort is made to contact you before any censorship, we reserve the right to amend or remove any content without explanation.
  • All customer service enquiries should be directed to Scalextric Customer Services.

Useful Links

Forum Guidelines

Membership Restricted Product