Scalextric C2318 Firestone Firehawk Silver N04 Tyres

Sky8lade

Hi guys

I have this car Scalextric C2318 Firestone Firehawk Silver N04 Tyres. It's over 15 years old! I used it a lot back then however due to the cost of Scalextric in South Africa I fell away from the hobby.

Now that I'm working I decided to get back in the hobby and have already bought a new set as well as classic to sport track converters. 

My problem is that this cars tyres are too old and are cracking on the sidewalls too. I asked Scalextric if they sell the tyres but unfortunately they said its too old.

So my question is if anyone knows of any similar tyres that may fit this car and are available.

Thanks

I have this car and it uses the "standard" tire of the period (1980's and 1990's) for Scalextric Formula One cars; W8101

If you google you can find some online suppliers for aftermarket tires. Most are based in Europe.

Ok thank you. At least I now have a starting point by knowing the name of the tyre. For the time being I coated the old tyres with Qbond glue and filler, then ran them over some gritty sandpaper. It's  actually quite grippy though a little bumpy.

Archived