In 1972, RWR took over as the AMC factory team. Both Javelins were painted in AMC colours- red, white, and blue. George Follmer became lead driver. Roy Woods resumed his race driving career as the number two driver. Follmer's Javelin raced with the number 1, and Woods Javelin bore number 2. George resumed exactly where he left off at the end of 1971. In the first race of the 1972 season, Follmer qualified on the pole and dominated the race. Follmer went on to win the 1972 T/A Drivers Championship and win the T/A Manufacturers Championship for the AMC Javelin.
Chrysler, Dodge, AMC and related logos, vehicle model names and trade
dress are trademarks of FCA US LLC and used under license by Hornby
Hobbies Ltd. © 2016 FCA US LLC.
WARNING Not suitable for children under 36 months because of small parts which can present a choking hazard.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
- Digital Plug Ready
- Easy Change Pick-Ups
- High Detail
- Working Rear Lights
Product Questions & Answers Sign in or register to ask a question
Do you have a question about this product that other customers may be able to answer? Simply log in to the website and ask - other customers can then offer their help and answers.
Questions submitted should be aimed at other collectors, especially those that have previously purchased the model. The Q&A feature is not designed for contacting Customer Care or addressing Hornby Hobbies directly. If you do have a question for us, please do still contact us but use the Contact Us page instead.
Submissions that violate these rules (and the Guidelines) will be declined.
Please read the questions & answers guidelines before asking or answering a question.
- Once submitted, questions and answers should appear on the website within 72 hours, however, we will endeavour to approve both questions and answers as soon as possible.
- Please keep questions relevant and related to the product you’re asking it on. General questions can be asked on our Forum or sent straight to Customer Services
- Remember to keep questions and answers short and concise. Longer questions and answers are less likely to be read.
- Be sure to vote on answers you find either helpful or unhelpful. These votes are vital to getting the most helpful answers to other collectors.
- Please refrain from asking questions involving other manufacturers. For example, asking if something is better or worse than a competitor’s product is not permitted.
- Do not include personal information (email addresses or telephone numbers) in any question or answer.
- Any questions or answers that contain profanities, distasteful language or promotional material will not be approved. This also applies to Nicknames.