Store: Scalextric
Scalextric US English $
M Menu
b 0 Items s

Sarc pro vs. 1042

Can I race against 5 pacers and pit  durring that race using arc pro?

Also, will I be able to set the pace of each car as a pacer.?

woodcote

799 posts

Not using the official Scalextric ARC app - the pace car feature is limited to one car and no pitting or lane-changing for that car. Of course you can programme multiple cars to the pace car ID and start them at different points around the circuit for plenty of overtaking practice.

The unofficial Magic ARC app does have more pace car options. It is avaiable for Android, Apple iOS and Windows devices running Bluetooth 4.0 and higher.

Thus, 1042 wins hands down.  Thanks for the feedback.  I will continue to use my 1042 in conjunction with the rcs64 software to conduct my races.  Eventhough its not perfect either, I am able to race and pace all cars with pitting involved.  

woodcote

799 posts

My opinion is that the Advanced Powerbase (APB) with computer software (RCS64, SSDC etc) is the better system. Add wireless controllers and it’s as good as Scalextric digital gets - at the moment. However, ARC Pro is a fabulous entry-level system and costs a fraction of the price of the APB + all the add-ons. And it does almost as much... especially with the Magic app. I suspect, in time, ARC Pro will develop into another excellent system, perhaps offering even more than the APB? 

My advice to current digital racers using the APB is that they don’t need to switch. For new digital racers - or digital users wanting to upgrade from the old 4-car powerbase - I would suggest ARC Pro as it is very good value, has great features out of the box and is at the start of its development process. I now use ARC Pro at home and a full-on APB system at my local Scalextric digital club.

What is this APB?  Ive never heard of it.  Where wold i see it in action?

woodcote

799 posts

Thats what I have.  Please excuse the error. I called it the 1042 instead of 7042.

Please create an account or login to reply.

Forum Rules

• The Scalextric Forum is intended for discussion of slot-car racing. Primarily, a place for newcomers to ask questions and seek assistance from like-minded individuals, the Scalextric Forum offers users the chance to join an active and friendly community.
  • Discussion of other slot-car brands is allowed, however, active promotion or advertising of our competitors is not permitted.
  • Please keep in mind that the Scalextric Forum is a publicly viewable space and you should never post personal information (including email addresses).
  • While every effort is made to contact you before any censorship, we reserve the right to amend or remove any content without explanation.
  • All customer service enquiries should be directed to Scalextric Customer Services.

Useful Links

Forum Guidelines

Membership Restricted Product