Store: Scalextric
Scalextric US English $
M Menu
b 0 Items s

SDigital F1 Car (C3956 2017 McClaren Formula 1 Car Alonso)

RobCab

4 posts

I notice with the two digital F1 cars I have (C3956 2017 McClaren Formula 1 Car Alonso and the C3955 Williams Formula 1 Car F-Massa). The guide blade rotation is limited to a smaller angle of rotation compared to other non F1 car.

The effect is the car struggles to get around the tight radius of an R1 curve.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and I'm curious what you have done to resolve this issue. 

For me I am thinking of mechanically grinding the mechanical stops on the guide blade to increase it's angle of rotation. Just interested to see what others have done before I do this.

Andy P.

1854 posts

Community Moderator

Double check the braid plate.

They have an up and a down side and if it is on the wrong way there are little bumps that might be stopping the guide turning the maximum radius.

Also see if the wires are free to move. If they are free but it is all very stiff then you can think about using silicone wires that are more flexible.

Of course just check if there is anything physically blocking the blade. Maybe a little filing can help.

RobCab

4 posts

In the end I modified the guide blade and it's housing to increase the angle of rotation of the guide blade. It works well.

I have a pdf document with photos showing what I have done if anyone is interested. I cannot attach a document to this thread so send me your email address if your interested and I can send you a copy of the pdf file

Andy P.

1854 posts

Community Moderator

You should be able to upload pictures to the thread. They have to be released by the forum admin though which will take time.

At one point there was a rule that you had to have made at least 5 posts or something but I am not sure that is stil in place.

If you want, you can contact him directly at forum@hornby.com and ask to have te items posted.

Thanks!

Please create an account or login to reply.

Forum Rules

• The Scalextric Forum is intended for discussion of slot-car racing. Primarily, a place for newcomers to ask questions and seek assistance from like-minded individuals, the Scalextric Forum offers users the chance to join an active and friendly community.
  • Discussion of other slot-car brands is allowed, however, active promotion or advertising of our competitors is not permitted.
  • Please keep in mind that the Scalextric Forum is a publicly viewable space and you should never post personal information (including email addresses).
  • While every effort is made to contact you before any censorship, we reserve the right to amend or remove any content without explanation.
  • All customer service enquiries should be directed to Scalextric Customer Services.

Useful Links

Forum Guidelines

Membership Restricted Product