Store: Scalextric
Scalextric US English $
M Menu
b 0 Items s

SProblem with ARC Pro and curved lane changers

gorp

611 posts

Beginning to think those who must have their curved changers should stick to apb.

That said.

Op C is approaching start of glad.

Arc pro off track with one lane powering both track lanes for beloved curved changers.

Add chips to get analog racing.

Use arc pro controllers to race and powerbase to set car set up.

Add separate powered 4-6 car lap counter for digital and stock scaly for analog counting.

Welcome to my world.

Dr_C

298 posts

Ok I now understand what those clever designers at scalextric have been up to with the ARC Pro... very vey impressive!!! They have used the four key electronic power ‘switching’ assets within a digital system to realise both digital and analog capability at the throw of a switch... as I say... very very impressive design!!! But there has been one minor casualty... our ’beloved’ old curve lane changers... however taking on board the design approach of the ARC pro there are some easy solutions... my ARC pro arrives at the weekend and so I hope to share some solutions next week... meanwhile... I salute the scalextric guys... very very impressive design work on the ARC pro :-)

Blagard-01

173 posts

@Dr_C

Ok I now understand what those clever designers at scalextric have been up to with the ARC Pro... very vey impressive!!! They have used the four key electronic power ‘switching’ assets within a digital system to realise both digital and analog capability at the throw of a switch... as I say... very very impressive design!!! But there has been one minor casualty... our ’beloved’ old curve lane changers... however taking on board the design approach of the ARC pro there are some easy solutions... my ARC pro arrives at the weekend and so I hope to share some solutions next week... meanwhile... I salute the scalextric guys... very very impressive design work on the ARC pro :-)

I have just modded one curved lane changer for use with ARC Pro so I know it can be done, maybe there is a better way.

https://www.scalextric.com/uk-en/forum/arc-pro-curved-lane-changer-mod/?p=1

Dr_C

298 posts

Great work modding the curved lane changers!!! And nice photos too! Meanwhile i have modded standard 1/4 length straigh sections to go either side of the ARC pro to enable compatibility between the ARC pro and standard curved lane changers (i.e. my earlier option C) - i’ll test at the weekend once my new power base arrives. As a collective efford we are making great progress...

gorp

611 posts

if stock arc pro is still in track

when you see the red light  , it means no no

Dr_C

298 posts

Just to confirm... Option C as posted above works perfectly (tested today). With the modified 1/4 length straights fitted either side of a stock ARC PRO the system gives full SSD capability including curved lane changers and 2-into-1 circuits. Then, with the modded straights replaced with standard straights the system gives full analog capability (remembering the curved lane changers also need the standard digital to analog snips if retained in the circuit). Overall... the ARC PRO looks and performs as a truely great piece of kit - well worth the wait!!!

gorp

611 posts

you must be working either for scaly or its competitor

anyone who reads your analog solution , if they know what the problem is , will know it does not work

but those who do not know the problem, will be fooled by your nonsense , and blame scaly for your false posts here

shill or saboteur, which are you ?

Dr_C

298 posts

Hi gorp - just wondering if you yourself have tested the ARC PRO? to the best of my knowledge and verified by my testing of my ARC PRO (which arrived yesterday morning) there is no problem with analog mode whatsoever.

gorp

611 posts

do believe the experienced users here , slot forum , and slot car illustrated that have unfortunately found it

have no curved changers here any more so arc pro is fine for me and the 99 % that you try to mislead

after reading your recent posts at slot forum with riko, have no doubt that you are a shill trying to move units of arc pro and this site obviously allows that

over there you actually discuss the design problems with the first version of arc pro and how to actually solve it

not your simple but not functional analog curved changer solution you spin here to the 99%

promoting is ok because the arc pro is a good product for most users

but to lie to us is unforgivable offense

gorp

611 posts

now understand

your solution works for digital only

analog requires your solution and all changers be removed

great for 99 % of tracks that are not permanently mounted

Please create an account or login to reply.

Forum Rules

• The Scalextric Forum is intended for discussion of slot-car racing. Primarily, a place for newcomers to ask questions and seek assistance from like-minded individuals, the Scalextric Forum offers users the chance to join an active and friendly community.
  • Discussion of other slot-car brands is allowed, however, active promotion or advertising of our competitors is not permitted.
  • Please keep in mind that the Scalextric Forum is a publicly viewable space and you should never post personal information (including email addresses).
  • While every effort is made to contact you before any censorship, we reserve the right to amend or remove any content without explanation.
  • All customer service enquiries should be directed to Scalextric Customer Services.

Useful Links

Forum Guidelines

Membership Restricted Product