M Menu
b 0 Items s

SProblem with ARC Pro and curved lane changers

gorp

620 posts

FOR DIGITAL USE ONLY

GEM

No soldering required.

With stock Arc Pro running right to left , plug in a stock pitlane's single lane entry to a left side lane of powerbase.

Plug stock pitlane's single lane exit piece to same lane on right side of powerbase.

No track connected to other lane of powerbase.

Thats all it takes.

Aint that a gem ?

AGAIN , GEM IS FOR DIGITAL USE ONLY

@gorp

FOR DIGITAL USE ONLY

GEM

No soldering required.

With stock Arc Pro running right to left , plug in a stock pitlane's single lane entry to a left side lane of powerbase.

Plug stock pitlane's single lane exit piece to same lane on right side of powerbase.

No track connected to other lane of powerbase.

Thats all it takes.

Aint that a gem ?

AGAIN , GEM IS FOR DIGITAL USE ONLY

Hello Gorp,

This solution is for solving which problem? Is it when a curve lane changer is used?

Thanks

Blagard-01

173 posts

I'll jump in and say you may not have understood what Gorp said.

By attaching the single lane of the pit  entry and exit pieces either side of the power base you only use one lane of the power base and therefore cannot create any problem of electrically connecting Lanes 1 and 2 on the power base. One power base lane is never used! - That as he has made very clear works for Digital only. Analogue would need both lanes of the powerbase so cannot be used at all in this arrangement

And yes it is a fix for digital circuits where the curved lane changer is used. In does in fact remove all the limitations that would normally apply to ARC Pro compared to the C7042 APB.

gorp

620 posts

thank you very much Blagard

Dr_C

309 posts

I believe this is a really helpful option - particularly for users who want to upgrade to ARC pro and who already have lots of (discontinued) curved lane changers (the subject of this thread) and also who don't want to get involed in any form of track modification. Also, I believe it will work best when a separate digital lap counter is used to separate the start/finish grid from the required 2-into-1 lane feature. With that caveat... all looks good!

Dr_C

309 posts

On reviewing how the scope of discussion on this public open forum thread has widen from the technical questions, technical views and technical opinions discussed at the outset... I am caused to want to share some thoughts on how we can all become more ‘internet share aware’.

There is a lot of information on the internet on this subject for adults, teenagers and young children.

In my personal opinion, the NSPCC website has very helpful advice on this subject for parents. Please see link below...

https://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/keeping-children-safe/share-aware/

Andy P.

1810 posts

Community Moderator

@DR_C: I don't dissagree that one can never be too careful about the Internet when it comes to minors. In fact I and some kids I had taken with me to a slto car race were excluded from championship scoring because I refused to let the minors' full names be published in a searchable format on the internet.

However I don't quite follow what the above post has to do with the discussions we are having here.

Since you have made many useful posts I know you are not a bot and I will let the post stand for the moment but I am a little puzzled...

gorp

620 posts

GEM test

works for digital

used pitlane for single lane connections on lane 1 of arc pro and since have no curved changers,

placed 1 curved criss cross in circuit

no app test cause could not borrow the resident artist tablet but believe it will work too

switched to analog

works for 1 lane analog test track ,also runs right to left

again do not know if app will work but betting it will

if not and you want digital laps and analog times

stick a 4-6 car lap counter in for digital and scaly analog lap/timer in for analog  times

unexpected

default lane at pitlane is straight for digital and away for analog

impression

does not serve needs here

tore it down and rebuilt app free stock arc pro layout with straight dual changers only

and installed scaly analog lap/timer and off track powered 4-6 digital lap counter

happy again

Dr_C

309 posts

Looks like we are down to three main options... so firmly back on track!

Photo below shows earlier my option C (together with a revved up and digitally converted mini...)

Admin edit: Image upload failed, please use one of the image uploaders (screenshot below) to add an image.

Dr_C

309 posts

Many thanks for the kind help... much appreciated...

Please create an account or login to reply.

Forum Rules

• The Scalextric Forum is intended for discussion of slot-car racing. Primarily, a place for newcomers to ask questions and seek assistance from like-minded individuals, the Scalextric Forum offers users the chance to join an active and friendly community.
  • Discussion of other slot-car brands is allowed, however, active promotion or advertising of our competitors is not permitted.
  • Please keep in mind that the Scalextric Forum is a publicly viewable space and you should never post personal information (including email addresses).
  • While every effort is made to contact you before any censorship, we reserve the right to amend or remove any content without explanation.
  • All customer service enquiries should be directed to Scalextric Customer Services.

Useful Links

Forum Guidelines

Membership Restricted Product