Store: Scalextric
Scalextric US English $
M Menu
b 0 Items s

SARC Pro - Curved Lane Changer Mod

gorp

611 posts

yes same pic with blagard showing spot and you reinsert it apparently for appearance

his also shows wiring but you seem to imply nothing else needed

answer to question is why

Dr_C

296 posts

Please note the 1mm-10mm-1mm technique for gap-deadspot-gap was discussed above on this thread on1/12/17.

Further photo attached showing red jumper wire soldered in place. Hope this adds clarification...

Enjoy :-)

Dr_C

296 posts

I believe the subject of modification of curved lane changers is fast approaching a final conclusion... there are just two details I wish to cover off...

1/ what if your curved lane changer has a 'floating' type of output wedge? What should the modification look like? I will exemplify this with photos in my next post below.

2/ from a practical point of view what are the 'does' and 'don'ts of introducing 10-12mm dead spots into track rails to eliminate 'signal contention' I.e. the types of issues (short circuits) that drive power bases into overload mode thereby triggering SAFE mode. And of course as applied in all of the above modifications.

To avoid duplicate entries I will post my response to item 2/ under the thread...

Problem with ARC Pro and curved lane changers

Hope all of this is useful...

C

gorp

611 posts

while taking a pic of bottom

you should also arrow the gap

your gap question ignore years of use of straight dual changers

gorp

611 posts

btw do you actually think you are running this discussion of blagard's mod thats why you believe its over

it was over while back after he posted it and you started all your other solutions

then you pop in with all your redesigns and pics as if you have done anything at all

guess what blagard did good and all you can do is try to copy it

edteach3r

2 posts

@Dr_C

As with @Blagard-1, your additions are very useful, thank you. I too would like clarification on "floating flipper" mod as I have at least one of those.

P.S. I am new to this forum, so forgive my ignorance.  I belong to many other forums/fora and have never seen any of this "his post"/"your post" pettiness.  Aren't we all in this for the same reason?  Quite bizarre ...

Dr_C

296 posts

Hi edteach3r,

The images are now with admin and I hope will be posted later today.

Meanwhile, might still be useful to keep the option C in mind - still my preference although I'm fully aware that opinions differ on this subject :-)

C

Dr_C

296 posts

Hi Edteach3r, many thanks for your comments and interest in the curved lane changer modification for the 'floating' exit flipper/wedge variant.

This variant requires a side-by-side pair of double cuts. These cuts can be made at any point on the lane changimg lane. I’m sure opinions will differ but I choose to apply the modification immediately following the entry/input flipper/wedge. Also, I make the gap between the rails 12mm in the form of 1mm-10mm-1mm for gap then isolated section of rail then gap. If you run with longer pick-up brushes then 15mm gap would make sense. Photos shown next to help provide clarification (hopefully)...

C

I found the easiest way around the track shorting out was to undo the long base plate underneath and remove the copper tape from the outer 2 rails, there is no need for this and now it works fine

Dr_C

296 posts

@Milkman rob

I found the easiest way around the track shorting out was to undo the long base plate underneath and remove the copper tape from the outer 2 rails, there is no need for this and now it works fine

Hi Milkman_rob,

If I understand your mod correctly you are doing the standard digital to analog conversion to curved lane changers as required to make them compatible with the C7042 APB when operating in analog mode. However a more complex modification is required to make curved lane changers compatible with 2017 production of ARC PRO. I believe this thread was intended primarily to address the latter. Hope this helps add clarification?

Please create an account or login to reply.

Forum Rules

• The Scalextric Forum is intended for discussion of slot-car racing. Primarily, a place for newcomers to ask questions and seek assistance from like-minded individuals, the Scalextric Forum offers users the chance to join an active and friendly community.
  • Discussion of other slot-car brands is allowed, however, active promotion or advertising of our competitors is not permitted.
  • Please keep in mind that the Scalextric Forum is a publicly viewable space and you should never post personal information (including email addresses).
  • While every effort is made to contact you before any censorship, we reserve the right to amend or remove any content without explanation.
  • All customer service enquiries should be directed to Scalextric Customer Services.

Useful Links

Forum Guidelines

Membership Restricted Product