Store: Scalextric
Scalextric US English $
M Menu
b 0 Items s

SArc Pro

ray_lego

17 posts

Is there a way for the cars to stop after a race is complete?

Can you adjust cars while race has started? 

Thanks!

Blagard-01

173 posts

After the race take your finger off the trigger Laughing. But seriously if you mean to physically stop the cars I don't know. I know you can select how the race finishes e.g. "all to finsh" or some other setting. So your car may be in way of others a lap behind and needs to either keep going ot be lifted from the track.

I think you need to calibrate the cars on lane one, one at a time before you start the race. What adjustment did you mean?

Andy P.

1879 posts

Community Moderator

I haven't tested this in ages but I think if you select "all finish" the cars keep going until they finish all the laps for the race or if it is a timed race until they cross the finish line.

I think this can be toggled off and I think when the "winner" crosses the line the cars stop.

Again, trying over speculating might be key..

ray_lego

17 posts

I switched to ARC Pro for my charity "Slot Care Kidz" where i go to Childrens Hospitals

and set up race track and let the kids forget about there troubles for a bit. I needed Digital so i can 

control the speed of the cars. I just did a event with Arc Pro and it worked great , kids of all motor skills

pick it quick and the wirelss is great for kids in wheelchairs/beds.

My question is there a way to STOP the cars after a race, even after a timed/laps race the cars keep on going.

If i ABORT they still move or go back to 100% flying the cars every where. I could CALIBRATE them so they

go very slow and then throw the YELLOW to slow them. But what i want is to stop them.

gorp

647 posts

will turning off controller wifi help

or turning off power to powerbase ?

Andy P.

1879 posts

Community Moderator

I needed Digital so i can  control the speed of the cars

You can calibrate the speed in ARC AIR as well. I do it all the time.

Top speed can also be controlled with the "speed limiting" controllers on most analog sets.

In the past I used a plug-in dimmer to adjust the speed as well...

ray_lego

17 posts

Control the speed and calibration i understand. I would just like to beable to stop the cars after

the race is done. 

Blagard-01

173 posts

Unless a software "stop" becomes available your only real option is to pull the power plug on the pawerbase.

gorp

647 posts

hate to ask but how to you define stop ?

have soft stopped toys with a pillow or rolled towel or even packing material at high accident area and will work for straight drag strips

but if you want a more permanent fix

the best way is unsolder powerbase lead wires to lanes and insert on/off switch or plug for each lane

then resolder back to lanes or just run jumpers to next section of track

that way base and tablet remain powered up

Dr_C

311 posts

Apologies in advance if I’ve missed the point... but I thought all cars could be ‘calibrated’ to zero power? i.e. with ‘yellow flag‘ enabled all cars would stop when the screen is tapped... I realise this would only work if all other functions in the app that trigger minimum speed are switched off - but it would still be a great game for kids... I don’t have a system set up this evening so can’t fully trial this myself...

Please create an account or login to reply.

Forum Rules

• The Scalextric Forum is intended for discussion of slot-car racing. Primarily, a place for newcomers to ask questions and seek assistance from like-minded individuals, the Scalextric Forum offers users the chance to join an active and friendly community.
  • Discussion of other slot-car brands is allowed, however, active promotion or advertising of our competitors is not permitted.
  • Please keep in mind that the Scalextric Forum is a publicly viewable space and you should never post personal information (including email addresses).
  • While every effort is made to contact you before any censorship, we reserve the right to amend or remove any content without explanation.
  • All customer service enquiries should be directed to Scalextric Customer Services.

Useful Links

Forum Guidelines

Membership Restricted Product